Scalp and hair problems and conditions can range from being mildly inconvenient to utterly painful, or even devastating to your self-esteem. Our hair can have a huge effect on how we look but, more often, on how we feel about ourselves. So, having a healthier mop can be an integral part of our mental health too.
Here are some common hair issues that affect both men and women:
Your scalp can itch for many reasons, including dandruff, a reaction to a product, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, or an unwelcome visitor (like lice, mites, or ringworm). So, the first step to treating this malady is to identify the issue first. Some issues might require medication, others could mean you need to change your care products (perhaps to something more moisturising), and still others might mean a direct attack (e.g. lice shampoo).
Weaves and Dreadlocks
Having weaves or dreads regularly can cause a very itchy scalp because dust, dead skin cells, and sebum can accumulate on the scalp. Normally, our hair has natural movement and freedom to be brushed or combed, getting rid of these substances. But, with weaves and dreadlocks, there’s very little movement, if any at all. To combat the itchy scalp that results from dreads and weaves, moisturise your scalp regularly with natural oils that aren’t too heavy (heavy oils might clog the follicles). Add Nordens’ incredible Scalp Relief to your care routine to eliminate scalp itch and to soothe your skin.
If you have little white flakes on your head and your scalp is itchy, you likely have dandruff. This can be hormonal or because of dry skin, your locks not being clean enough (leaving product residue to dry and flake over time), an overgrowth of yeast, or an allergy to something you’re using on your head. You might be able to combat this by simply switching to anti-dandruff shampoo, not washing or rinsing with super-hot water, and massaging your scalp well when washing and conditioning it.
Oiliness looks and feels dirty and gives your crowning glory a limp, heavy appearance. It can be caused by washing too often, using the wrong products, hormones, or the buildup of products. The best way to manage oiliness is to wash very thoroughly with sulphate-free shampoo, while also trying to wash it less often. You could also rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar, only use styling products when it’s totally necessary, and sprinkle mildly oily tresses with baby powder to extend the period between washes.
In both men and women, thinning hair can be a natural side effect of aging or hormonal changes. It might also be because of illness or various medications or treatments. This can be especially hard to accept, and many products make false claims about treating or curing this thinning. But, Nordens has potent supplements that have proven and impressive results in the form of thicker, longer, stronger, and healthier hair. We can’t recommend Glow Hair Regeneration for Women and Storm Hair Restoration for Men enough if you’re struggling with thinning hair. In addition, consider adding more healthy oils and proteins to your diet, and avoid using harsh products or very hot styling tools.
Folliculitis happens when your hair follicles get infected, and often presents as a red, dry, itchy rash. Often, it’s caused by bacteria (usually Staphylococcus aureus) in a bath or heated swimming pool. It can also be caused by a yeast infection, long-term antibiotics for acne, or as a result of compromised immune systems. To prevent it, try:
- Avoiding tight-fitting clothes, hats, and helmets.
- Washing properly and not sharing towels or face cloths.
- Shaving as seldom and as gently as possible.
- Regularly washing towels and face cloths in hot, soapy water and rinsing them thoroughly.
Frizz can ruin the best day! And it can be caused by a number of things – from humidity in the air to a lack of conditioner or using too many heat-styling tools. To reduce frizzing, remember to use heat protection spray before blow-drying or straightening your hair, and always condition it after washing. Instead of brushing it often, use a wide-tooth comb (or even your hands) to get rid of the knots.
Healthier Hair and Scalp
Many of these and other problems can be treated or eased by Nordens Ultimate’s powerful supplements. By tackling the issues from an internal, cellular level, you give your mane and scalp the best chance to look and feel as good as possible. Here are some of our fantastic products:
- Scalp Relief – a powerful product that relieves itchiness and leaves your scalp feeling soothed and refreshed. Although its effect is instant, the benefits are long-lasting.
- Ultimate Hair. Skin. Nails – this minimises loss and thinning, boosts its growth and promotes your body’s production of keratin and collagen. Healthier skin on your scalp will be less itchy and flaky too.
- Storm Hair Restoration for Men – a fantastic supplement that improves the activity and health of each follicle, promoting growth and reducing male pattern baldness.
- Glow Hair Regeneration for Women – women with baldness or thinning will experience healthier and more active follicles after using this product. Our happy clients consistently report thicker and stronger locks.
- Organamin – this product contains 74 minerals and trace elements, which are particularly bio-available. The result is healthier hair and skin, easing the symptoms of many common scalp and hair problems.
- MSM – Sulphur can be found in all living tissue, and this supplement distributes it effectively to the cells in your body – including hair and skin cells.
For more information or to contact us directly, send us a WhatsApp on 072 621 7725 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.