Getting the Bald Facts – Did You Know…
- Both men and women suffer from baldness?
- You could lose half of the hairs on your head before it actually became noticeable to others?
- Balding is not caused by wearing hats or washing your hair too often?
- It’s normal to lose about 100 hairs from your head every day?
- Up to 40% of women will experience some degree of baldness by the time they reach menopause and more than 60% of men will have some hair thinning by 35 years of age?
Female- and Male Pattern Baldness
Male pattern baldness (MPB) is permanent hair loss on the front and top of the head. It usually begins as a receding hairline, starting at the temples. The hair loss then spreads until the top and front of the head are almost or completely exposed.
Female pattern baldness (FPB) is caused by hair that grows slower and slower over time. So, the hair grows out thinner and more brittle over a few years, which is usually unnoticeable at first. This baldness is uniform over the whole head but is more noticeable at the parting.
Of course, there are no rules. Balding can happen in circular bald patches and may include hair loss all over the body too.
What Causes Baldness and Hair Loss?
There are a number of reasons for hair loss. Each person is different and, if you feel that there is anything atypical about your hair loss, you should see a doctor for a personal diagnosis.
Here are some common causes of baldness:
For both men and women, there’s a higher chance of going bald or experiencing significant hair loss if your parents or grandparents experienced it. This generally happens gradually and consistently as you age.
Hormones and Medical Conditions
There are many hormonal issues that affect hair health and growth rate. Men tend to experience a drop in their testosterone hormone and an increase in the hormone 5α-Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) over time. This causes the follicles to shrink, which means a shorter life span for the hairs and an overall decrease in growth.
In women, thyroid imbalance, childbirth, and menopause can make massive changes in the rates of your hair growth and hair loss.
Different medical conditions can also cause hair loss and bald patches. These may include thyroid disease, alopecia, lupus and ringworm.
Certain medications and treatments can either cause or exacerbate hair loss. These medications are often used to treat:
- Heart problems
- High blood pressure
Stress causes an unbelievable and almost endless list of problems in the body and needs to be treated and avoided at all costs. Bald patches or generalised hair loss caused by stress are usually temporary.
Hair Care and Treatment
Extreme and excessive hairstyling and harsh products can cause hair loss and permanent damage to the follicles. These products and treatments include perms, hot oil treatments and very tight cornrows and braids.
There is no 100% cure for baldness, but there are a few things that you can do to prevent and minimise it.
In terms of diet, add these items to your regular menu:
- Protein (eggs, cheese, nuts, pulses like beans and peas, fish and poultry)
- Sweet potatoes and spinach, which are both high in vitamin A
Supplements can give you even more ammunition in your fight against baldness. Try:
- Multivitamins – Vitamins A, B, C and D are all important for the growth and retention of your hair.
- Nordens Ultimate Hair Loss Supplement – this natural supplement has saw palmetto, which blocks the DHT hormone and balances the testosterone levels in men.
- Both men and women will benefit enormously from the 74 minerals and trace elements in this all-round skin, nail and hair supplement from Nordens Ultimate.
Surgical and Non-Surgical Procedures
In some cases, you may consider going to more extreme measures to combat hair loss and baldness. These include non-surgical and surgical procedures, and these work especially well when reinforced by supplements and nutrients. Find out more about the following procedures by visiting https://www.hairoptions.co.za/.
- Hair-by-hair reconstruction – this goes far beyond a wig or toupee, it is a state-of-the-art creation
- Scalp microdot pigmentation
- Hair integration
- Platelet-rich plasma
- Permanent hair
- Hair transplant
- Follicular extraction
HairOptions also offers laser hair restoration, which has been effective in reversing some of the symptoms of baldness.
Contact Nordens Ultimate Today
To learn more about our hair loss supplements or to order yours today, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.