It’s true that “healthy” is a lifestyle. But, the changes that need to be made usually take time to become a habit. And, short of living with a personal coach and mentor, it can be hard to keep track of your progress and plans. Having free health apps on your phone is an excellent way to manage, record, and set goals for your exercise, nutrition and “soul food” (those things that nourish your mind and soul).
We highlight five free health apps that work on android and Apple phones and help you to live your healthiest lifestyle.
5 Free Health Apps for Mental and Physical Wellness (Android or Apple)
Carry a tiny little coach around with you for the best results. This virtual coach is the ultimate in artificial intelligence and tracks your:
- Sleep patterns
- Blood pressure
It also sends encouraging messages via text to keep you motivated and accountable. In addition, it provides nutritional caching for users with hypertension. This text-based coach offers:
- Friendly, personalised advice.
- Reminders for you to take your medication.
- Real-time monitoring of your blood pressure.
- Advice for lowering blood pressure and reducing stress.
- Motivation and advice for being fitter and, if you’d like, losing weight.
- Tips on managing diabetes.
My Possible Self: The Anxiety & Mental Health App
This app focuses on easing anxiety and helping the mind to keep calm and healthy, even during challenging times. It uses clinically-proven material to:
- Track your mood and how it changes on a daily basis.
- Highlight people and places that tend to affect your mood for the good or bad. This empowers you to make better-informed choices to do the things that make you happy.
- Keep an eye on any symptoms that you may not otherwise have noticed.
- Provide practical ways to look after and ease your state of mind and to work towards happiness.
This app’s tactics are proven to reduce anxiety, stress and the feeling of being down in eight weeks.
The effect that sleep has on a healthy body and mind is unrivalled. It’s one of the most important factors to keeping calm and maintaining a good immune system and metabolism. Without enough good quality sleep, so many systems begin to falter and, eventually, shut down. The SleepCycle app tracks your sleep patterns, including how many times you wake up during the night (by using a microphone and movement tracker).
- Tracks your sleep and its quality.
- Has an intelligent alarm to wake you up gently and only when you’re in a light sleep phase.
- Provides detailed reports on every night’s sleep.
If you’re prepared to pay for the premium features, you can access sleep aids that help you to fall asleep easier, get your snore trends, and gauge your wake-up mood before and after using this app.
Meditation is an excellent way to relieve anxiety, improve focus and create a general sense of well-being. But, with all of life’s distractions, it can be hard to focus for long enough to get any real meditation done. Headspace is an app that makes meditation so much easier and more accessible to everyone. This meditation aid can help to improve:
- The overall health of your body and mind.
- Sleep quality.
- Weight loss initiatives.
These guided meditations can also be used when you’re offline and teaches you priceless meditation skills that can be implemented at any time.
Built-in Phone Apps
Whether Apple or Android, phones come with a built-in fitness app. Usually, this app offers some or all of the following:
- Diet / nutrition tracker
- Weight tracker
- Heart rate
- Sleep record
- Record of blood pressure, glucose levels and menstrual cycle
While these free apps may not be proactive or insightful in the data and advice that they offer, they’re great ways to track your progress and keep yourself accountable.
More than Apps
To support the free health apps on your device that contribute to mental and physical health, give your body the best shot at getting and staying healthy with supplements. We recommend:
- Moringa Plus – this gives you energy, helps to treat hypertension, and rids the body of parasites.
- Organa-Vit – a supplement with your daily vitamin requirement, this boosts energy and helps you to recover from illness.
- Organamin – a fantastic supplement that builds stronger bones, reduces inflammation, eases joint pain, improves sleep and aids in good digestion.
- Rewind Toxin Removal Spray and Zeolite – both of these powerful products draw toxins, heavy metals, free radicals and radiation from the body to give you the healthiest environment.
- Slimming Aid – if part of your journey to wellness is to lose some weight, this natural appetite suppressant has none of the nasty side effects. It also burns fat and stabilises blood sugar.
There’s ever been a better time than now to take the first step to creating a healthier body and mind.